Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Collegiate Style

Happy October!  It's my favorite month of the year, since it's officially fall and the weather is growing cooler and clearer.  Autumn also means sweaters, hot tea, plaid, and nice rainy days.  This year I'm taking style inspiration from the preppy and bright college girls of the 1930s and '40s, who always managed to put their own twist on popular fashions.  Here are some photos I found in Life magazines over the years that highlight their unique and playful sense of style.


 



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! No matter how old I get, vintage collegiate style will always be one of my favourite looks ever. I take a styling cue from it all year long, but most of all in the fall and winter. I love that even though I'm in (early) 30s now, it's still a look I can pull off, albeit perhaps a bit more as the professor then the budding young student. :)

    Wishing you a stellar October, sweet Sabrina!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, I don't think I'll ever get tired of plaid skirts and loafers; school styles are always in style, it seems.

      Delete

Every comment makes my day! Feel free to say hi below.