Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

Contacts for Every Mood

I've been wearing contacts for nearly 15 years now, since I'm blind as a bat, and I usually stick to my plain prescription lenses.  But once in a while it's fun to try out some for purely fun reasons, too!  I tried out my first totally cosmetic pair recently, provided to me by Spooky Eyes, a company that makes all types of contacts: natural lenses, creepy lenses, UV lenses, and what I tried: anime lenses!


Circle lenses are a big trend right now in many places, since they can achieve the exaggerated eyes of anime characters.  I picked out the green anime lenses and it made such a huge difference!  Some lenses that I've tried have only adjusted the color of your eyes, but these are designed to make an impact.


Of course any colored or specially designed contacts aren't going to be super-comfortable, but I was actually surprised how much I could feel these.  They were rather thick and one lens seemed to keep trying to escape under my eyelid!  They were not really painful, just not comfy.  I can imagine these would be best worn only for short periods of time, like for photoshoots and cosplay.  Spooky Eyes also has a whole line of cosplay styled lenses!

Contact vs natural

There are so many different styles to choose from, but some of my favorites besides the anime eyes are the cat eyes (of course) and the glimmer lenses, which are made to give a hint of shimmer around your iris.
 Although they are unavailable with prescription lenses, any of these lenses would certainly make a statement behind glasses, since they're so opaque.  This is a great way to get a new look, even just for a day.

2 comments:

  1. The perpetual goth girl in me adores the name of that company - Spooky Eyes, too cute (err, I mean ominously mysterious, yes, that's it :D).

    Very cool pair! They look terrific on you!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I tried purple colored lenses for a while and it was definitely weird. I like the subtle change that these circle lenses offer.

      Delete

Every comment makes my day! Feel free to say hi below.