Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Record Stand Remix

Hello all!  If you follow me on Instagram, you know that 90% of the time, I'm DIYing or crafting something.  I just repainted and recovered my piano bench to match the piano (hurrah!) and I also had the time to makeover an end-table my sister gave me.
I've been needing a spot to put my record player.  It's a bit bulky and I'm looking to get a smaller one eventually, but in any case I need a good place for it right now.

The before shot:
It's a nice sturdy table, but the top was scratched and it just needed some freshening up.

That can of Pantone paint seems to be miraculously unending.  I knew instantly that it was what this baby needed.


I started by removing the door, to make it a good storage space for records.  The screws were all basically stripped, so I had to twist the metal hinges off and hammer in the leftover screws.

 
 I painted the inside black.  (I also discovered that oil-based paint is the work of the Devil and should be avoided at all costs.  Yuck.)
The wood around the sides was torn up pretty good, so I trimmed the edges using (psst, don't tell anyone) paint sticks.
I'm super happy with the way it turned out:


Now we have the perfect place to put the record player when people are over, instead of just trying to find room for it on the floor.  I can't wait to spend some time in there listening to vinyl and hanging out with friends.

Got any special DIY projects you've done? need to do? want to find time for?  Let me know in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes my day! Feel free to say hi below.