Pages

Sunday, January 7, 2018

The Sunday Story: The Slasher

otr old time radio the sunday story night beat

Hello all!  It has been a while since I've posted any radio stories, but I hope to have some more put out regularly this year for your listening pleasure.  Today we hear from one of my favorite shows, Night Beat.

You may recognize the star, Frank Lovejoy, from his appearances in movies like House of Wax or The Hitch-Hiker.  (I especially liked his character from In a Lonely Place.)  His bread and butter was playing the every-man with straight morals, but who was also a little rough around the edges.  Randy Stone, the reporter of Night Beat, is definitely the same type.

This story is a fun one, something that starts out with the feel of the typical "madman on the loose" storyline, but which turns into something quite different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes my day! Feel free to say hi below.